Friday, January 10, 2014

The Now What Months...


It is almost 6 weeks since I finished my very first novel ever! NaNoWriMo gave me just the right amount of inspiration and motivation I needed to do what I never thought possible. I wrote over 50,000 words and after taking a 5 week break of not even daring to look at one single page of my manuscript, it's time to dust it off, grab my red pen, and start revising my rough draft.

Now that I've written over 50k words I feel like this moment is what I've been dreading even more than the process of writing it. Revision takes more than just fixing grammar, it's also looking at dialog and descriptions, two things I feel I have not mastered in the 30 days I was writing. But the time for excuses have come and gone. I wrote it and it's my job to complete the task. I know there are some who competed who would leave it as is, walk away, and never change one word or comma. Nothing wrong with that. But I do dream of having my book on a shelf in Barnes & Noble one day. Or perhaps finding my book on it's 4th week of being in the top 10 New York Times Bestsellers list.

Not till I got as far as I did, did I ever think it would ever be possible to be on a mission to have a completed book that I would show to publishers and agents and the like.

But before I can even get to that point I am on a mission to revise 20 pages every other day. This will be a daunting task that I will probably procrastinate on for many of the days to come, but my goal is to have a working 1st revision by March 1st.

I'll have further updates and developments then.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...