Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Read of the Town: '13 - '14 Movies Edition

It's been a while since I've done one of these but that will change this year I promise.

It's Awards season, with the Golden Globes happening last night, the SAG and the Oscars coming up soon. I did not watch the Golden Globes! Let me repeat, I did NOT watch the Golden Globes last night. My award show of choice is the SAG awards for a lot of reasons but mainly because the actors nominate and vote on their peers. I think that's pretty cool. Anyway, what I wanted to share are all the movies out last year (and partly this year) that were made based off of (mostly) bestselling books. I own a copy of them all because, if you're anything like me, I cannot see a movie I know is based on a book without having read the book first. I realize by doing this I oftentimes shoot myself in the foot because the movie can end up NOTHING like the book, falling on the "it sucks" side when comparing the two. But it's just how I roll. So, with that said, here are some of the money makers in the movie industry which almost always end up making big sales for the books along the way...

Oh, and I'm showing the "Movie tie-in Book Covers," which I personally hate and make a point NEVER to buy...(in no particular order)

Movies Based on Books of the same title:






Movies Based on Books of differing title:




There are SO MANY more that were Bestsellers in 2013 that are currently in production or already finished filming and will be released either this year or in 2015, but I'll mention those as they come up...

Any of these movies you've seen? Either before or after you've read the book?

Any of these books you plan on reading (regardless of the movie)? Why? How did you hear about the book?

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/list-books-adapted-movies-2014/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...