Thursday, August 14, 2014

Read of the Town: Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire

I'm nominating this book as one that, if it isn't already, SHOULD BE at the forefront of everyone's minds!

Released on September 9th, 2014

The title leaves a lot of mystery behind what this could possibly be about, but isn't that part in parcel to the magic of reading? It's all in the discovery. At least for me!

Don't know who Gregory Maguire is? Well then you need to go and find out! The only hint I can give you is Wicked, and if that doesn't jog your memory then...well...Google can definitely help you with that. In the meantime, of the Wicked Years series, I've read Wicked and Son of a Witch. I do have all of his books however, and I have all 4 of the Wicked series signed by him. And cause he's wicked (pardon the pun) awesome, allow me to share:


He gives a damn good talk and read as well! I've also read a few of his other novels, specifically Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, which I thought was cleverly worked out. What he can do with a well known fairytale is truly remarkable! I don't have to tell you how long I've been waiting for a new book from Gregory Maguire! Let's just say, seeing this cover and hearing the title for the first time left me oh so excited! And I'm so glad I'm a New Yorker because that means I get to go to his book signing and hear him read a little from the book!

What Gregory Maguire book have you read? Are you as excited as I am about his latest release?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...