Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Collaborators, 6th Edition


It's been over 4 months since Alaina of That's What She Read have done a collaboration! In my estimation that is far too big a gap and I reserve the right to blame this absence of collaboration for why I haven't read as much as I did last year! She might see things differently but I point to how quickly she's managed to crank out reading and reviews! I think she borrowed my quick reading and reviewing capabilities and forgot to give it back! What do you think? I kid! I kid! We have simply both been busy, I think, and you know, before you know it, 4 months has passed and you wonder, what the heck?!

I know I was beginning to go through withdrawals and felt like "The Collaborators" might be coming to an end!?

I may have overreacted a bit, but thank God I did because it worked!
We're back! And not only that, but we are back with our very first sequel to a previous collaboration that will take us back to our 3rd collaboration! It was a cold December 2013 when we made the wise decision to read Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope. This, as you must all remember is based on the 4th Star Wars movie, had William Shakespeare been the author! If you need a reminder as to how much we loved this book, you can find the review here.


I'm so excited to read the 5th Star Wars book as if the Bard William Shakespeare himself would have written it! I think what I'm most stoked about it seeing how Shakespeare would have written the dialog for Yoda who spoke rather oddly already! To put his strange, yet wise, way of speaking into iambic pentameter when it seems to operate on its own rhythmic speech pattern already seems mind boggling to me!

I must say my library of books (numbering in the hundreds upon hundreds already, evidenced by my 6 bookshelves!) has quite the collection of Quirk Books added to it! If you haven't heard of them I just want to note that they have a unique assortment of authors whose minds are, in my estimation, wildly eccentric and unbelievable but I just CANNOT get enough of them! Some notable authors include:

- Ben H. Winters whose book The Last Policeman, won the 2014 Edgar Award for best Paperback Original!

- Ransom Riggs whose book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is currently being directed by none other than Tim Burton! He also just released the sequel, Hollow City, earlier this year!

To follow along with us on Twitter search for #TheCollaborators or simply follow us!

Alaina - @WillBeFunOrElse

Erica - @NYCBookWorm84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...