Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Read of the Town: A Grimm Warning (TLoS #3)

Chris Colfer, who many know as Kurt Hummel from the once popular television show Glee, is also an amazing writer. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive at first to read his book because I didn't think it would be very good. Boy was I wrong! And I know, there has been some contention lately about adults reading books that are meant for a younger audience, but I'm well rounded in what I read so quite frankly I don't give a damn! There is nothing wrong with an adult seeking some comfort in a book that takes a most ingenious spin on fairytales.


There have been many books that I've been dying to get my hands on the day the came out. But of all of them, this is in my top 5 of series that I almost always finish reading within days of its release! That's how good it is.

If you're interested in my reviews for the first two books of The Land of Stories which I'm almost certain will be more than just 3 books, you can find them by clicking their respective book cover below:

http://www.nycbookworm.com/2012/08/the-land-of-stories-wishing-spell-book.html http://www.nycbookworm.com/2013/08/the-land-of-stories-enchantress-returns.html

Synopsis:
In the third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series by Chris Colfer, the Brothers Grimm have a warning for the Land of Stories.

Conner Bailey thinks his fairy-tale adventures are behind him--until he discovers a mysterious clue left by the famous Brothers Grimm. With help from his classmate Bree and the outlandish Mother Goose, Conner sets off on a mission across Europe to crack a two-hundred-year-old code. 
 
Meanwhile, Alex Bailey is training to become the next Fairy Godmother...but her attempts at granting wishes never go as planned. Will she ever be truly ready to lead the Fairy Council?

When all signs point to disaster for the Land of Stories, Conner and Alex must join forces with their friends and enemies to save the day. But nothing can prepare them for the coming battle...or for the secret that will change the twins' lives forever.

The third book in the bestselling Land of Stories series puts the twins to the test as they must bring two worlds together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...