Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List


Only 10! I have a stack of 15 books right now on my desk screaming for me to get to them ASAP! That doesn't even count the series I'm also trying to get to as well. But if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not reading them all in just 3 months time. So, I will list the 15 that are currently on my desk. 5 books for each month (June - September) give or take a few days/months. These top 10 get harder and harder as I choose to participate in them. But they keep me focused on the books I have that I might be neglecting to read. Of my list there is one re-read, otherwise they will all be first time reads for me. 

Due to time constraints I will just be sharing a photo of them stacked up with a clearer list of the title & author below:


The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Joyland by Stephen King

The Insanity Defense by Woody Allen

Paper by Ian Sansom

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

The Bookman's Tale by Charlie Lovett

Amazing Grace by Eric Metaxas

Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgin by Richard Paul Evans

What's on your Top Ten List for this Summer? I hope my list gives you a few ideas to add to your TBR lists.

9 comments:

  1. What a great list! I'm looking forward to reading Joyland--I still need to buy it, but I'll definitely be doing that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I went and bought Joyland right away when it came out. Being that it's softcover the cost was pretty low which was great cause I feel like I'm going broke buying hardcover books.

      I wish authors who know they'll sell enough hardcover to have a softcover reprint would just do both at the same time and give us the option of which to buy! lol Cause I hate waiting for the half priced softcover to come out.

      That's why I haven't purchased Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn yet, it'll be in paperback in September...

      Delete
  2. A great list. I really liked The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas. I hope you enjoy it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to Through the Ever Night too and even Under the Never Sky. I've heard so many good things about them.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've pushed back Through the Ever Night enough. I've had it on my TBR list every month since it came out!

      Delete
  4. I just finished The Bookman's Tale. It was pretty good. Truly kept me reading. Great List

    Kathy @ momwithabook.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice book stack! I LOVE the Never Sky series. I also really liked THE BOY WITH THE STRIPED PAJAMAS. I hope you get to them and all the others on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loved The Boy in the Striped Pajamas! I need to go out and get Joyland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know - It took me a while to choose just 10 too! I have so much more than 10. I also need to read The Bookman's Tale (after getting a copy from the publisher), The Devil Wears Prada, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and I am the Messenger. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...