Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top Ten Romances in Books

toptentuesday (1)

 

For more info on Top Ten Tuesday & the future schedule go here!


I don't read much romance novels, although lately with all the YA books I've been reading they are riddled with an obvious coupling about to happen or a love triangle. In any case, I have gone back in my memory banks and picked the few romances I remember. While these might not ever be considered "the best" romances of all time found in books, especially since I've yet to read most classic novels filled with the most memorable romances of all times. But notice I said "yet" because I do intend to read the Bronte's and Jane Eyre, etc.


In the meantime, here is my less than adequate list that doesn't cover 10 but it's the best I could do...




  • Hermione Granger & Ron Weasley (Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling)
    Their obvious love story, to me, is the subtlest and romantic of all time in the children's/YA genre today. Very real and relatable.

  • C. Thomas Flood & Judy (Bloodsucking Fiends Trilogy by Christopher Moore)
    If you've never had the pleasure of reading a novel by Christopher Moore, or have only had the pleasure of reading his iconic Lamb, I suggest you pick this set of books up ASAP. While it's not the love story of the century, it is one that can easily last as long. In short, it's the love of a newly made vampire and a human.

  • Scarlet O'Hara & Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell)
    If not for this inevitable love affair I feel the book would have felt as long as it actually is. They are both perfectly suited for each other and I like to imagine they end up together and separate several times in their tumultuous relationship.

  • Katniss & Peeta (Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins)
    I know many feel she ended up with the wrong guy but I feel they were meant to be together since they know each others lives so well.  I rooted for them to be together in the end from the very beginning.


Harry Potter Hunger Games Gone With The Wind Bloodsucking Fiends

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...