Monday, August 25, 2014

Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet



My participation in Top Ten Tuesday has been pretty sporadic. Every year I vow to participate every Tuesday, and every year I barely do a dozen! This year is no exception. But, the ones I do actually answer I think I put together a pretty awesome list! I must confess my lack of participation does hinder on the fact that I sometimes can't come up with a full 10 on the topic that week. If I can't even pull together 5 I don't bother. However, when it comes to questions like this one, I know I'll have more than my fair share to choose from. Heck, I have 300+ books in my Amazon Wish List right now! It'll be hard to narrow that down to just 10. But I'll try...

1. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe - nope, don't own the book, nor have I ever read it either. I've alway been meaning to though...

2. Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood - this is the famed author who created the sleuth Phryne Fisher. Some might know her as Miss Fisher? I've seen an episode or two and I'm simply fascinated to read the books they are based off of.

3. Aunt Dimity and the Duke by Nancy Atherton - I've read the first Aunt Dimity take and it was really a great quick read. I long to read the next one.

4. The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch, Lee Chadeayne - if the title doesn't give a hint as to why I want to read this book I don't know what will!

5. The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastards) by Scott Lynch - this is another one whose title I just couldn't resist. The cover is also bloody brilliant!

6. Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel - I've never read a book that took place in this time period so I'm very fascinated. Plus, THE TITLE! What can I say, I have a thing for titles...

7. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende, Ralph Manheim - I remember watching this movie years and years ago. I've always wanted to read the book.

8. A Simple Plan by Scott Smith - I've heard this book mentioned quite a few times whenever the topic of best mystery comes up. I'd like to find out first hand why?

9. I'm Nobody: The Lost Pages by Alex Marestaing - I felt I needed to put at least one Young Adult book in here. I haven't dropped the genre completely, it's just that any I really want to read, I already own.

10. Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire - for my last choice I picked one that isn't out yet. Not sure if that was an option but I'm making it my last choice nonetheless. I will be purchasing it when it comes out of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...