Monday, July 28, 2014

The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh (Childhood Classic)

Every now and then I like to go into the children's section of Barnes & Noble to see what they have in this 21st Century to read. I also like to see if they still have the books I read then I was little. And they do. But they put MY generations books in the "Children's Classics" section! Am I really that old?! I guess so! But, and I hope you agree with me, there are just some childhood books that we're never too old for. I think Winnie-the-Pooh would be an excellent example of that.


My first encounter with Winnie-the-Pooh, in literature form, I was too young to remember. My mom read to me all the time when I was little and this was one of the books she read when I was under the age of 10. My first encounter with Pooh Bear the cartoon wasn't long thereafter and I've got to say Pooh is my favorite when I compare him to such shows as the Muppets or Sesame Street which are also rooted in the fantasy of talking animals. I'll even admit that to this day I will watch ANY Winnie-the-Pooh movie and be absolutely mesmerized and taken to a place of calm and goodness that I think we all need sometimes. Especially as I get older I find myself seeking out books and tv shows of my childhood to remind me of a happier time when I wasn't being practically suffocated by bills and work and responsibilities!

What takes you to that place of calm and goodness? Where do you go, what do you do, to take you back to that time when your childlike mind roamed free?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...