Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get My Hands On


This should be a fairly easy list since I've been reading a lot of books that are planned to be more than just one. However, some of my choices won't be sequels but probably the 3rd in a trilogy as well. Now that I think about it, I might not have a full 10 but I shall try...


 

Cress by Marissa Meyer 
Okay, so it's not the sequel to the Lunar Chronicles, it's one of four books. But who ISN'T excited for this book to come out? Who seriously in the realm of Young Adult books won't be taking the day off from work JUST so they can be at the bookstore when it opens to purchase it then spend the entire day devouring every last word?

 

Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd
This IS a sequel to, I believe, a planned trilogy? Anywho, have you read The Madman's Daughter? Anyone who reads, or claims to read, Young Adult books has definitely come across this book and read it. If you have, you are just as excited as I am to find out what happens next and will we be going back to the island or will the island inhabitants be coming to us? You only get that if you've read the book.

 

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
No offense to the two books I previously mentioned but if there is a book I've been looking forward to the most, like two years, I think it's been two years now (??), it has GOT TO BE the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! Brilliant book and so very imaginative. I'm glad he listened to his fandom and was able to squeeze out another book. Will there be a third? Look at me, I'm already looking for the next installment without having read this one yet. But I know it will be that damn good. I've got the Graphic Novel to tide me over till January.


The Serpent of Venice by Christopher Moore
Are you acquainted with Christopher Moore? If you aren't, then you need to go out right now (or go to Amazon.com and order) and pick up Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal then you can thank me after. His books are hysterical. I laugh till I cry with his books. So to be coming out with a sequel almost ten years later about a character everyone can love and love to hate is great.

Okay, so I only came up with 4 books, but it's almost 1am and I'm tired cause I've been working on my NaNoWriMo life right now! Be happy I remembered about Top Ten Tuesday enough to post this! lol

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm headed back to the world of novelists.

3 comments:

  1. Good choices, I cannot wait to get my hands on Cress. Loved the first two books. :)

    Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, REALLY need to read the Lunar Chronicles. I've heard so many good things about it.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Cinder and Scarlet sitting on my bookshelf right now, waiting to be read. So excited to finally get to it as I have heard so many amazing things about them. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...