Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Collaborators, 5th Edition


Try to contain your excitement! Alaina (of That's What She Read) and I are returning yet again for another collaboration, but this time the choice did not come down to me. Poor Alaina has suffered enough with Redwall, our previous collaboration. If you haven't checked out her bookish blog, I suggest you do because she reads some pretty great and different books herself. That's why I put my complete trust in her ability to come up with something we not only both own but are both willing to read together as well.




Can't have gotten more simple than that! It's like Alaina has come to know me so well! And because she picked a winner right away I feel it only fair that I mention what her original other 3 choices were: 2) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John LeCarre, 3) 1st to Die by James Patterson, & 4) Farewell My Lovely by Raymond Chandler

I almost changed my mind when I went to B&N last week and came across this section:


But, there are still plenty more collaborations for us to have this year and judging by the covers of these books (which I've been basing my choice of reading material on a lot lately) I'd say I'm game for any of these in the coming months! ::wink wink::

In the meantime, she and I will begin reading Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith early next week!

I instantly was excited that she mentioned this book first for several reason actually!

1. I absolutely love this movie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1951, starring Farley Granger and Robert Walker. This movie also features Alfred's daughter Patricia Hitchcock!

2. I had NO idea this movie was originally a book. I know this is silly of me since more than 95% of movies usually originate from a book! I am ashamed...

3. This year I have several "turned into a movie" books lined up to read so it's only fitting that I should add this one to my list.

Have you read any Hitchcock films? Or have you seen this movie? If not, allow me to share the trailer cause, for me, it's easily one of his best.



To follow along with us on Twitter search for #TheCollaborators or simply follow us!

Alaina - @WillBeFunOrElse

Erica - @NYCBookWorm84

2 comments:

  1. OH DANGIT I JUST BOUGHT one of those Michael Crichton pulp fictions! I can't remember the title (and I'm at work now so can't look it up) but I wanna say it had drugs in the title? I'll take a picture of my unread pulps when I get home and put it in my review so if you see one, pick it up and we can read it next time!

    Also, I hope to have my pre-review up by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana nana na IIIII beat you!! :-P That is all...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...