Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Collaborators, 3rd Edition

We're back! I don't know about Alaina, my friend over at That's What She Read, but I feel like it's been AGES since we last collaborated on a book?? I could be wrong. November was dreadfully long what with all the NaNoWriMo going on. I went almost 3 weeks without reading!! It was a complete and total nightmare! But, enough about my problems...


It didn't take us long to decide on the book we plan on reading for our 3rd installment. Why didn't it? Well, for starters, we decided months ago when the book was set to be released that we each HAD to read it. Makes sense that we should read it together and discuss rather than be boring and read it on our own time. This is a fairly recent book, having come out this year (2013) and will be a bit of a change for us on more than just that level. It'll be the shortest book we've read of the two previous books.

Hey Alaina, have you noticed we keep getting shorter and shorter in length books? I vote for a comic book on our 4th edition? I honestly don't see how we can find a book any shorter than this! It is 168 pages but get this, there are pictures and it's written in prose! So really it's not as long as 168 pages!

What am I talking about you must be asking yourself? *drum roll*


Is that not the most awesomest cover you've ever seen!? Not only that but HELLO it's the best of two totally opposite worlds! If Shakespeare had created Star Wars this is how he would have done it! How cool is that!

So, another first is this is our first play that we'll be reviewing. I'm kinda pumped about this since I've never actually read any Star Wars. I have watched IV, V, & VI though. Who hasn't?! And it's been more than a decade since I've read any Shakespeare. Now, I realize this isn't real cause the man is dead but hey, I'm willing to go down this wacky road if you are!

I want to also add briefly that this book was made possible by that ever popular publishing house, Quirk Books, responsible for popular works such as:

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies

This book is cool all on it's own so I figure nothing more need me said here.

To follow along with us on Twitter search for #TheCollaborators or simply follow us!

Alaina - @WillBeFunOrElse

Erica - @NYCBookWorm84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...