Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Collaborators, 1st Edition

It is said great minds think alike, well, in our case, we are great minds who think differently and that is even better!

Alaina hails from That's What She Read and if you haven't read any of her book reviews you are missing out on some truly funny commentary.

Together we have decided to read the same book and each give our own unique take on what we think. I'm sure it's been done before but never like this. You'll get both the "between-the-lines" meaning and the hilarious banter all in one. Bear with us as we try and cultivate this endeavor into a continuous project. We may not collaborate often but when we do I'm sure Alaina and I will bring great content to whatever book we decide to dissect.

By definition, to collaborate is to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor. Well that is exactly what she and I intend to do. Be intellectual together as opposed to being intellectually apart? You know what I mean!

Our first endeavor is **drum roll**


We will each have our own "opening introduction" that we'll write beforehand (this is mine) preferably before actually starting the book. A bit of a reasoning behind the choice we made, blah, blah, blah. We did toil for a few days actually on which book should be our first of firsts. In the end it came down to what we both had readily available and what we both felt interested in reading.

I don't know about Alaina but I have read Wicked and Son of a Witch a few years ago so I am familiar with Gregory Maguire and his ability to take a fairytale and make it come to life. I've had this particular book on my TBR list for quite some time but it has always been pushed to the bottom of the list because of newer more enticing books coming out. I jumped at the chance to finally get to it!

While it is longer than the average books I've been accustomed to reading this year my love of the transformed fairytale seems to be taking over for me towards the end of this year. I recently finished TLoS2 (The Land of Stories 2 by Chris Colfer). I have spent longer than I'd like reading this book already. I started September 4th and here I am not even halfway through! However, I plan on finishing it this week and starting a discussion timeline on Twitter with Alaina of That's What She Read soon.

To follow along with us on Twitter search for #TheCollaborators or simply follow us!

Alaina - @WillBeFunOrElse

Erica - @NYCBookWorm84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...