Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations


What an interesting topic. I happen to be someone who will read the book before I will see the movie version, especially if it's a recent movie then I will RUSH to read the book ASAP! Then there are the occasional movies I saw and did not realize they were originally a book, but here in what order I read the book and saw the movie is irrelevant. I've decided to split my list in half between the best and the worst adaptations.


Worst Adaptations:

Harry Potter series, movies 2-7 (books by J.K. Rowling)

The Hunger Games (book by Suzanne Collins)

The Da Vinci Code (book by Dan Brown)


Best Movie Adaptations:

Gone With the Wind (book by Margaret Mitchell)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (book by J.K. Rowling)

To Kill a Mockingbird (book by Harper Lee)

The Devil Wears Prada (book by Lauren Weisberger)

The Help (book by Kathryn Stockett)

And Then There Were None (book by Agatha Christie)

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I thought The Hunger Games was a pretty good adaptation, all things considered. I almost had To Kill a Mockingbird on my list - I loved that book and movie.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was a movie for And Then There Were None. I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...