Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Book Review)

Mockingjay (Hunger Game Series #3)
by Suzanne Collins

290 pages
Scholastic, August 2010
science fiction/young adult
Read in 6 days

My Rating: ★★★★

My Review: While this trilogy does not compare to the Harry Potter series, and I was pissed and cursing this book with every page I turned, I cannot deny my inability to put it down. I was sucked in from page one and if not for having a life outside of reading, I would have finished this book in half the time.

I will try to leave no spoilers since this is an ending that will truly keep you shocked at every turn. The first two books were TOO predictable for me. Suzanne Collins probably did that to lull her readers into a false sense of security so that when we get to the epilogue we are so exhausted by the ride we don’t know whether to be pissed or pleased. I finished the book feeling a healthy dose of both emotions.

If you came to this Trilogy looking for something other than teenage confusion, deep loss, senseless murder, and unresolved relationships, you came to the wrong place. This book, on it’s own, is full of all that I just mentioned and then some!

My only criticism, on just this book, without giving away much of the ending, is how she chose to wrap up the relationships that we got to know from the very beginning.

I recommend this Trilogy to anyone who is looking for a quick, fascinating, and (for some) satisfying read.

Summary: The greatly anticipated final book in the New York Times bestselling Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Who do they think should pay for the unrest?

Katniss Everdeen.

The final book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins will have hearts racing, pages turning, and everyone talking about one of the biggest and most talked-about books and authors in recent publishing history!!!!

If you want to learn more about Suzanne Collins please visit her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...