Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Classics Spin #6

I wish I had known about this idea when it started but I'm glad I'm learning about it now. The basic idea is to list 20 "classic" novels and wait for the magic number to be revealed next week which will tell me the book I will be reading. I like this idea because, in a way, it forces me to read a classic that I keep pushing back on my TBR list because there are SO many New Releases that I keep giving precedence to! So, here is my (quickly put together) list of "classic" novels that I own and, most importantly, have not read yet!



1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

3. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

4. Middlemarch by George Eliot

5. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

6. Lord of the Flies by William Golding

7. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

8. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce

9. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

10. Five Children and It by Edith Nesbit

11. BUtterfield 8 by John O'Hara

12. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

13. Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut

14. Orlando by Virgina Woolf

15. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane by Henry Farrell

16. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

17. Native Speaker by Chang-rae Lee

18. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

19. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

20. Richard III by William Shakespeare

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! I loved The Five Children and It; I couldn't stop laughing. I just finished Madame Bovary and was left feeling rather flat, yet Flaubert's descriptions can be really wonderful. I'm going to be reading The Screwtape Letters for my C.S. Lewis project this month; I've read it a couple of times already and it's very interesting.

    I hope you get the book you are hoping for! Happy spinning! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...